(Fwd) [Icom] Ham-Com - Arlington, Texas June 8-10 New Gear New

just in case some of you are wondering about new icom products.
73...bruce

Date sent:      	Sun, 10 Jun 2001 13:23:08 -0500
From:           	Jim Gerke <jgerke@pulse.net>
To:             	icom@qth.net, kenwood@qth.net
Subject:        	[Icom] Ham-Com - Arlington, Texas June 8-10 New Gear News
Send reply to:  	icom@qth.net

From: Jim Gerke <jgerke@pulse.net>

Icom --

The Icom reps at Ham-Com revealed that the T82 HT that was pulled
several months ago before it hit the market, will, in fact, be released.
I believe "later this year" was mentioned as the time frame. Icom
increased the value of the coupons on their HF rigs by $50 for the show
(Yaesu did the same).

Kenwood --

Due to the similarity between the RC-2000 control head for the TS-2000
and the control head for the TM-D700A, I (and apparently others) have
wondered if the two were interchangeable. This morning at Ham-Com, I
witnessed a Kenwood rep take the RC-2000 head, connect it to the D700,
and power up and operate the D700. The info on the display was D700
info. He said that a firmware change in the D700 head would allow the
D700 head to work as an RC-2000 head. He stated that Kenwood is planning
to offer an upgrade to the D700 head but they haven't yet work out the
details.

Also, for their HF rigs purchased at Ham-Com, Kenwood re-activated the
Heil Goldline Mic offer. Unfortunately, the offer was only good for
purchases made at Ham-Com this weekend (June 8 - 10).

73, Jim, K5QL

Andy Wallace wrote:

> From: "Andy Wallace" <andywallace@home.com>
>
> Can you give us some hints?? :-)
>
> Andy  K5VM

Bruce Paige, KK5DO                    Internet: kk5do@arrl.net
Houston, Texas                                  kk5do@amsat.org
AMSAT Awards Manager                            kk5do@amsatnet.com
Houston AMSAT Net - Tuesday, 8PM CST on W0KIE Satcom C3, T24, 7.5Mhz
Visit SHOT http://www.clarc.org/shot