Re: Newbies! Low cost U/S stations.

I don't believe you can get a mode U/S station
for anything like the cost of a Mode A station
and for hams in many parts of the world the UHF/SHF
equipment thats readily available in the States is
simply unobtainable.
Mode A sats are still needed and will be for many
years to come.

However, on the subject of low cost U/S stations
has anyone thought of writing an article for QST
describing how to get on U/S with a shoe-string budget ?

Trevor M5AKA

--- "John Stephensen, KD6OZH" <kd6ozh@gte.net> wrote: > It
doesn't sound like AMSAT needs to spend money on mode A or

Majordomo@amsat.org