Re: Newbies! Mode A/B Sats needed.

No a 5 ele is fine for Mode B,
Oscar-7 which only had a 2 watt PEP Mode B transponder
proved that. It provided excellent results using
simple equipment.

Incidently my first AO7 Mode B station used a 4 ele Quad
on 2 metres and an 8 ele yagi on 70cm - it worked great.
Even worked it when it was below 30 deg elevation running
25 watts to a 5/8th ground-plane on 70cm.

73

Trevor M5AKA

--- Paul Willmott <pwillmott@northrock.bm> wrote: > Mode B
needs a bit better antenna than 5 ele