Re: Newbies! Hard-Sats destroy AMSAT.

On Sat, 9 Jun 2001, John Stephensen, KD6OZH wrote:

> I haven't seen the equivalent of the "Warbler" for AO-40. If the definition
> of an "easy-sat" is really the availability of a low-cost ground station,
> then the all-mode VHF/UHF transceiver is the primary impediment and
> therefore the place to cut costs.

Yep,
Easy, Radio SHack $149 10m all mode transceiver...  Perfect all mode.
Add a $50 (to $200) downconverter for your favorite satllite band and you
can reveive.  Buy or build an upconverter and  you have it.

Probably should buy two 10m rigs for full-duplex do-anything
applications...

Also, buy before the end of the solar max (already past peak) because RS
will stop production if they havent already...

de WB4APR, Bob