RE: Newbies! Hard-Sats destroy AMSAT.

Hi Paul,

25ft long thats a bit excessive.

No for Mode A I'm thinking of a station with a 5 ele
yagi on 2m fed by 10 watts PEP or 30 watts to a little
2 ele HB9CV with a loop receiving antenna for 10m in
an attic.
A beginner could put this station together for
minimal cost.

By the way a 1450 Km LEO orbit will give a pass time
of >20 minutes.
I've long thought a 4500 Km LEO orbit would be ideal
but its getting a ride up there thats the problem.

Building simple low cost Mode A/B sats needn't and
shouldn't preclude building sats for our microwave bands.
We need both types.

73

Trevor M5AKA

--- paul.willmott@omsl.bm wrote: > > User friendly satellites