RE: Live telemetry feeds

John...

I lifted this from an old mail I sent a while back...

"feed from Goddard (garc9.gsfc.nasa.gov or IP
address 128.183.143.104, port 1024)"

o Start P3T and select Menu->TCP/IP.
o Select Remote Client
o Key in the above IP address and port number
o Hit Connect
o After a few seconds at the bottom of the TCP/IP window you should get
"Connect to: garc9.gsfc.nasa.gov"

I just tried it and it appears no-one's feeding right now.

I think the first time you do this you might have to quit P3T entirely and
that but there's no harm if you do do that.

I've not experienced the issue of having to place the address in the hosts
file. If you can ping garc9.gsfc.nasa.gov and get an IP address, I don't
think there's any need as your name resolution's working just fine.

If you do have to make one up (and there's not one already), in your WINDOWS
directory (WINNT\system32\drivers\etc for NT/2000) copy the example
"hosts.sam" file to "hosts" (no file extension).

Now edit the HOSTS file...

Open the "hosts" file up with notepad.exe and add onto the end of the file
the line:

128.183.143.104 garc9.gsfc.nasa.gov

Miraculously you don't have to reboot after you've saved the HOSTS file
away. To check this try ping garc9.gsfc.nasa.gov and it should resolve the
IP address.

73 Howard G6LVB