AO27

Since the demise of SO35 we in Australia have only got one FM 'voice
repeater' style satellite available to us.  That is UO14.  UO14 gets quite a
lot of use and it would be great if we were to have another satellite
available to us.

Now that AO27 is more than two years past its design goal would the
controllers reconsider their policy of switching it off for amateur use when
it goes below 38degN latitude so us on at the bottom of the world can use it
also?

If battery drain is still thought to be a worry switching the amateur
payload on based on battery charging current may be an alternate solution???

Michael