Re: Connectors

In a message dated 6/9/01 4:09:27 AM Eastern Daylight Time, kb5mu@AMSAT.Org
writes:

> If it's regular 9913, the center conductor is solid, not stranded. There is
>  a special N-connector you can get that fits the center conductor of 9913.

I use Amphenol 82-202-1006 connectors for both 9913 (solid center conductor)
and 9913F (stranded center conductor). The center pin is made for this cable.

One other trick, when cutting the stranded version center conductor, I use
sharp wire strippers adjusted to do a full cut. The type I use cuts 360
degrees at once so it doesn't deform the shape of the center conductor and
makes getting the pin installed a snap. Hope this helps.

73,
Mike, N1JEZ
AMSAT #29649
Local Area Coordinator