From: owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org [mailto:owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org]On
Behalf Of Chris Hill
Sent: Saturday, 9 June 2001 02:19 PM
To: amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
Subject: [amsat-bb] Ham gear in Singapore?

Hi,

My apologies if this is slightly off-topic.

I'm going to Singapore next week, and hope to pick up a few amateur radio
toys, er, I mean radio-communications investigative equipment.

Can anyone recommend good places to go, for things such as:

- fast TNCs (38.4kbps as per UO-36 etc)
- Kenwood handhelds (such as the TH-D7A)
- 2.4GHz MMDS downconverters and pre-amps
- TVRO dishes (around 60cm to 1.2m)

Any pointers most welcome...  the huge array of shops selling amateur
handhelds is just overwhelming, and I don't want to spend too long haggling
with the wrong shop!

Many thanks,

Chris vk6kch