Re: "Who Did It?" Thread (Was: Arcjet Motor)

Hi Steve,

> I'm not
> interested in hearing "officially" who was responsible for pulling off all
> of the "Remove Before Flight" items, assuming the vent cap was, or should
> have been, designated that way.

Since the word is out...

there was no such "remove before flight" designation on this "cap",
no document, no such item on the "remove before flight" list
(We indeed had a "remove before flight" list for everything
else).

At least three people were present when the engine finally
was integrated into the S/C in Kourou.

Nobody in the launch integration team knew that it should have
been removed or identified it as such..

Every single person of the launch team in Kourou did a fantastic job!

My intention of the first reply was to make clear that the
400N engine itself worked perfectly and that we can't blame
the manufactory for our fault.

Yes, we now know what might have went wrong in the communication
process.. so it should not happen again.

73s Peter DB2OS