Re: Ham gear in Singapore?

I thought I would provide some information.  As far as I know:

a)	You won't be able to buy any fast TNC and especially 38.4, we had to
contact Symek and you will also need IFD for modification to your
Transceiver.

b)	There are two places,  Sim Lim Centre and Sim Lim Square both within
walking distance of each ohter   Any taxi driver would take you there.
Please remember bargaining is allowed.  Better still enlist help of a local
ham.

c)	No chance of picking 2.4 GHz. downconverters.  However, some Japanese
preamps may be available.

d)	I believe Sim Lim Square have some shops selling TVRO equipment

Hope this helps.

Sangat, 9M2SS