Re: Newbies! Hard-Sats destroy AMSAT.

This whining is driving me up the walls. I don't undestant how someone can
say that a satellite on a mode like S/U is hard to work. It is a lot easier
to deal with the antennas on mode S than the long yagis and the receive
converter is all that is needed to downconvert to 2 meters. Noone ever said
that Ham radio was a cheap hobby. If you can't afford a $35 converter maybe
you should find another hobby like bird watching. But then again you will
need to buy a $100 pair of binoculars.

Pieter

PS. Even if amsat launched a satellite with private funds and outfitted
everyone with FREE equipment to talk on it, people would still be
complaining.