RE: What happened to all the ENTER buttons?

> Hi, Maggie.  Your messages always come through fine, even though you
> don't
> use your ENTER button, with nicely width-limited lines.  Not the case
> with
> some others.  Perhaps your composer has got all the right
> switches set.

This is off topic, but I hope the formatting of this paragraph of yours is
preserved, as it illustrates the problem when the sending end inserts hard
carriage returns into a message, the paragraphs come out all ragged.  IMHO,
it's better to let the receiving end work out where to wrap lines.

> received many messages from those with the same problem, but
> I also got
> several who showed me how to compensate for it by flipping the 'wrap'
> switch in my browser.   That worked fine.  400-character lines now get
> broken
> up to fit my display window.

That should work fine now.

> I presume that some composers are set to automagically insert CRs at a
> 'normal'
> line width, while others are not.  I, and many others who
> commented, was
> having trouble only with those who do not invoke that feature.
>
> Anyway, I'm all set up now to easily read even 1000-character lines-
> sock
> it to me.

I have problems with those who indert hard CRs in their messages, it screws
up the formatting.  This message may demonstrate that..

Anyway, back to the birds, this message offered in the interest of problem
solving. :)