RE: R: Re: Arcjet Motor

At 10:22 PM 6/6/01 -0400, Bob Bruninga <bruninga@usna.edu> wrote:
>On Wed, 6 Jun 2001, Diggs, Steve wrote:
>
> > I found your comment about human error quite interesting...
> > Would you elaborate on the AO-40 aspect of the human error part?
> > Please be as specific as possible.
>
>No, please don't.  I don't want to know.  I see no reason to try to hang
>probably a volunteer that gave up 10  years of his life, probably a
>marriage or two, to get AO-40 into space.

Bob, It might have been human error, but I'm sure it was an honest
mistake.  We had volunteers dealing with a cutting edge satellite.  We
learned how to do new things with AO-40.  On the next satellite we put up
we'll learn from past experiences, and possible mistakes that were made
with AO-40 won't pop up on the next one.

kb7adl