Re: AO-40 Field Day (general FD comments)

At 10:27 AM 6/6/01, you wrote:
------------cut---------------

Hi Tim and the group, interesting stuff to think about below but lets not
forget about the people that can not for whatever reason attend a field day
site.  They can still offer a considerable amount of support for field day
by putting their home station on the air and providing contacts for the
field sites.

Just about any emergency communication situation that I can think of is
going to involve getting information from a cut off area back to areas
outside of the affected area to get help, supplies Ect.  By putting your
home station on the air (preferably with battery power) you will be able to
emulate part of the link that would be used during a real emergency.

So please show your support for field day and put your favorite mode on the
air.

My goal this field day will be to put my station on the air for as long as
I can using 100% battery power and provide as many HF digital contacts as I
can for the field stations. (don't have my satellite station ready yet)

That's all for now, Dale kf4sir

-
Dale Coleman
kf4sir@earthlink.net