RE: R: Re: Arcjet Motor

On Wed, 6 Jun 2001, Diggs, Steve wrote:

> I found your comment about human error quite interesting...
> Would you elaborate on the AO-40 aspect of the human error part?
> Please be as specific as possible.

No, please don't.  I don't want to know.  I see no reason to try to hang
probably a volunteer that gave up 10  years of his life, probably a
marriage or two, to get AO-40 into space.

Heck here at school, we are simply trying to put two TNC's into a simple
satellite, and we are using GOOD people, and yet, as of tonight, we have
made the following mistakes during the 6 month final build crisis, working
12 hour days for months....

Blown up 4 KPC-9612 TNC's and still counting....
Burned out the finals in two transmitters
Melted a set of batteries,
Dropped a solar panel...
Wiped out a telemetry board due to sloppy ESD procedures....

Humans make mistakes.  But hanging volunteers quickly results in a
diminished labor pool... ;-)

Bob