Re: Re: Arcjet Motor

"John P. Toscano" wrote:

> But the word "burn" is used loosely in either case...people also use the word "burn" when they talk about recording a compact disc in a CD-R or CD-RW drive....it has gotten that name at a minimum because a (relatively) high-power laser beam is focused on the disc and produces local heating that causes a chemical reaction ...

And I remeber when "burn me a few copies of this" could refer to
xerographic reproduction, a process that only tangentally involves head
to fuses the toner (really a sooty plastic) to the paper...perhaps a
memory of the days when faximile transmission used thermally-sensitive
paper and a resistvely heated print stylus.

Actually, I think we're all pyromaniacs at heart, and just like saying
"burn", just like Ratbert likes saying "scruples".

The ammonia jet is in some sense a steam engine, almost like Hero or
Alexandria's...

 see: http://www.history.rochester.edu/steam/hero/section50.html

73 de Maggie K3XS