Re: AO-40 Field Day

At 08:37 AM 6/6/2001 , you wrote:
>I posted a question a couple of weeks ago, if it would be available at all.
>
>The most recent issue of QST, says something to the effect that AO-40 will
>NOT be used for "contests".

well Field Day is NOT a contest. Its purpose is to test emergency
capabilities. In case of a major emergency AO-40 might prove very valuable,
like when Andrew went thru Florida ... local repeaters were destroyed,
telephone service was out, cell phone towers were gone. Ham satellite would
be a perfect solution.

W4SCO