Re: CW - off topic

On Tue, 5 Jun 2001, Estes Wayne-W10191 wrote:

> Satellite content:  10 meters would still be a poor uplink band for
> satellites, even if there was no CW requirement to transmit on that band.

Curious... why?

1) It requires 14 dB less transmit power for the same omni receive
antenna than 2m although the noise level just about makes up for it.

2) It requires only a $139 ALL MODE 10m radio

Seems like a good starting point for any low cost linear modes one might
be contemplating....

No, I would not design a future AMSAT around it, but if I was trying to
build a small softball sized satellite for a free ride, it sure looks
attractive...

de WB4APR@amsat.org, Bob

ISS-APRS FAQ:       http://web.usna.navy.mil/~bruninga/iss-faq.html
PCsat Design        http://web.usna.navy.mil/~bruninga/pcsat.html