re: Rotor grease

At 04:15 PM 6/4/01 +0000, you wrote:
>Has anyone ever used a Lithium based grease in their rotors?  I would like

Hi Roy.  I've used white Lithium grease on my rotors for several years now,
with good results - the type specified for marine use - trailer axles and
such.
However two years ago, while rebuilding the wheel
hubs on my motorcycle,  I came across a highly recommended product
by Slick 50 called "One Grease".  It's fortified with DuPont Teflon PTFE,
and is rated for extreme heat and cold.  It's a greenish-blue color,  and
pretty
messy.  I tried it out on an Alliance u-100 used as an elevation rotor.  It's
been up two years now,  and runs very quiet and smooth.  I'll probably break
it down this fall and see how it looks inside,  but the indications are
that it is
a very good rotor lubricant.  Even with the white lithium products,  I would
get some sluggishness in very cold temperatures.  Not so with this product.
You might want to give it a try.

tu de Rich