Re: Rotor grease

Hello Roy,

My concern for rotator grease is that it does not solidify in the
cold weather, it keeps water from rusting the bearings and races,
and that it lubricates.

A lubricating silicone grease may be the best because it maintains a
more consistent viscosity over a wide temperature range and it
lubricates.

Not all silicone greases lubricate, dielectric silicone greases
DO NOT LUBRICATE.

Consider  model G322L by NOVAGARD, a silicone lubricating grease.
Call 1-800-626-6527 and ask for a sample.
They say: excellent lubricating characteristics
	resistant to moisture, corrosion, and oxidation.
	-65 F to 350 F

Their MSDS indicates lithium stearate as a ingredient.

My M2 ORION rotator probably uses a similar light tannish grease.

My 2 cents,
Stan, WA1ECF   FN41sr   Cape Cod, MA