We do not need elevation rotator fot AO-40!

Hello This is Yoshi.

  I am using "Calsat32" - a Japanese local tracking software. This
software has a feature to draw a Az-Ev chart of future orbits.
  This afternoon, I tried to make a Az-Ev chart of AO-40 for 2 weeks
from now, then I found that the AO-40 is on a "55 degrees line" at
most of its time. Please see this image;

http://www.geocities.co.jp/SiliconValley/4703/temp/ao40-weeklyorbit.gif

  The current orbit is tempolary til the arcjet motor work, so I adjusted
the element for 1) 62,000km Apogee 2) 5,000km Peregee 3) 22 hours orbit.
Then I draw it again.

http://www.geocities.co.jp/SiliconValley/4703/temp/ao40x-weeklyorbit.gif

  Wao.... :-O  If I put my antenna mast as lay down at 55deg, Maybe I can
track AO-40 at almost of the pass! I do not need any elevation direction
systems, isn't it?

  This is a good news for me to save my budget fo sat :-)

  I also made a image of LEO's (UO-14, AO-27, FO-20/29, ISS and SUN) for
each future 100 orbists.

http://www.geocities.co.jp/SiliconValley/4703/temp/leo-orbit.gif

  This image cleary tell me that the most of the direction is at below
of 30deg elevation line. That is why I biult a 25deg-fixed-elevation 6ele
YAGI for FM sat. For LEO also I do not need any elevation system Hi.

Yoshihiro Imaishi JF6BCC/KH2GR
GL:PM53JV, ex KC6IY(T88IY),V63BP
mailto:jf6bcc@jarl.com or jf6bcc@jamsat.or.jp
<http://plaza16.mbn.or.jp/~palau/> Sorry, Japanese only now.