Parts costs (was: AMSAT has a SECRET...)

Nicolaus Sallay <n.sallay@internext.com.br> wrote:

>...I'm dreaming with a down converter set from DEM plus
>the helix, because I think I can rely on DEM. This setup
>will cost me here at least US$800,00, a lot of money...

The converter kit is $US 120.00, according to Downeast
Microwave's web page. Please explain this enormous differ-
ence.

I have no intention of belittling your position (I'm on
the wrong end of an unfavourable exchange rate myself),
but a 700% markup it a bit much to swallow.