Re: AMSAT has a SECRET: why not 10m instead of V band

Steve Jepsen <jepsen_st@mindspring.com> wrote in response
to Phil's "old farts" posting:

>This kind of stereotyping isn't worthy of AMSAT-BB (or
>Amateur Radio for that matter).
>First of all, it isn't true. Secondly, it's the very
>thing that drives new hams away from the hobby. New
>people take statements like this at face value
>and make decisions based on that information.

Oh. I see. I think.

So the howls of outrage at even the suggestion of change,
as well as the howls of outrage at all this newfangled
commie pinko book learning stuff (like microwave amateur
satellites, not to mention anything with the word "digital"
in it) are a figment of our collective imagination?