helix+PrimeStar

Build a Saturday afternoon helix for my PrimeStar dish. Tried it out
Sunday morning with mixed results. The 3733 + Myers BAR-B seemed to out
preform it by about 5db. The helix is a 2.25 turn with a N-N turnaround
right into the Drake having all the mods into. I still seem to have the
same amount of fading as the linear feed on the BAR B dish. Well this is
what Ham Radio is all about....Tinkering and testing new stuff. I will
say the wind was trying to push the primeStar dish around while I was
holding it. That solid dish really catches the wind. The elevation
angles where around 25 degrees when I was testing things. Not 100% sure
on the squint. I was running back and forth from the BAR B and the
Primestar 736r in hand HIHI.

--
Bill
WA2TQI