Re: AMSAT has a SECRET!

doug@dougbraun.com (Douglas Braun & Nadia Papakonstantinou) writes:

> Actually, they could probably put RUDAK into UI digipeating
> mode right now.  (Well, as soon as the squint is a little better...)

Hearing RUDAK well enough to copy packets is seriously challenging right now,
largely due to the high squint angles.  Even the primary RUDAK command station
with a much-better-than-average antenna farm is finding it difficult proceeding
with our RUDAK test plan.  That is, by the way, why I haven't updated the
RUDAK status page on the web recently.  There just isn't much to report right
now.

Keep your fingers crossed that the remaining orbital maneuvers go well, and
that the satellite ends up able to support routine low-squint-angle operation.
I think RUDAK is going to be a *lot* of fun to mess with once we can work
it more easily...  :-)

73 - Bdale, KB0G