Re: CRC

Farrell Winder <fwinder@one.net> wrote:

>Could someone give me a reference /discussion on the
>meaning of CRC'c referenced for the data content of
>AO-40 Telemetry?

A standard and very simple way of providing error
detection (but not correction) in digital data,
based on systematic encoding of cyclic codes. It
lends itself to hardware encoding and decoding.
Such codes are particularly good at detecting
bursts of errors, which happens a lot in our
world.

The reading list on my web page mentions a couple of
useful references (Wilson and Wicker; there are others).
See <http://www.qsl.net/ve7ldh/reading.html>.