Re: [sarex] A good use of bandwidth

Good evening Alex....

To Miles credit...he doesn't operate like this...I live in a town very close
to his location and I can attest his operating habits are well within
considerate range...I believe that the thought that he is responding to
earlier comments may be correct...

Perhaps we are luckier on the East coast...the BEACON/CONTROL stations seem
to be very considerate of others here...no packets any tighter then 1 minute
unless someone was actually conversing via keyboard....

One of the keys may be found in the wattage that Miles suggests as a basic
need to operate ISS (50 W)...compensating for it being "deaf" for one reason
or another...this may  mean that the control/beacon stations are capturing
the Station with more power the most of us are running....

My thought right now is....If I want to converse at this time...rather then
just take a chance to see my packet...I need some additional
oomph....everything else I do is just contributing to the noise floor....

I consider WA6LIE out of line..CONTROL/BEACON stations should be held to a
higher standard...that is their choice..

BST 73

Roger
WA1KAT

In a message dated 06/03/2001 6:57:49 PM Eastern Daylight Time,