Re: AMSAT has a SECRET: why not 10m instead of V band

on 6/3/01 1:42 PM, sco@sco-inc.com at sco@sco-inc.com wrote:

> The main point is that most hams and non hams have a 10m SSB receive
> capability while most do not have an all mode VHF radio.

This is becoming less and less of an issue these days.  Rigs such as the
IC-706, FT-847, FT-100, FT-817, etc. are making VHF/UHF all mode very easy
and affordable.  At Dayton you could buy an IC-706 for $740.

I purchased an FT-290 (2m all mode) for around $300 and and FT-790 for $400
a couple of years ago and sold them for about the same.  VHF/UHF all modes
used to be very expensive.  Modern rigs are getting very cheap.

73,

Jon
NA9D

Jon Ogden