Re: AMSAT has a secret

Liking to work with empirical evidence,  I point
out the following.   The early loss of mission in all
Phase III birds has been completely attributable
to our inability to build reusable propulsion
systems that deliver large thrust.  We might
be able to do great things with plasma or ion
motors but we are just beginning to test them.
We need to be able to test these propulsion
systems in full up tests and we will never be
allowed to run these two nasty liquids together
in any kind of facility that I can think of that we
would have access to.

I think our track record on producing complex
electronic systems on the other hand is
pretty remarkable.

Even the microsats, with their impossible
computers (at the time),  we were able to
debug before we launched.

Just one person's opinion,
Bob