Hole in a helix reflector?

Can someone with the appropriate software, model the effect of having a
hole in the middle of a reflector on a helix. I say this because I have
made a helix to a design seen somewhere ( I can't find it again ). This
uses a 4" square piece of tinplate or PCB with a 40mm hole in the middle, a
piece of 40mm external diameter PVC plumbing pipe is passed through the
hole. It is held in place by 2  wires at 90 degrees that go through the
tube and are soldered to the tinplate. The helix is wound one side of the
reflector, with an N-type socket at the feed point, at the correct
positioning to mount the down convertor ( a Drake ) with an N-type back to
back. It is a short helix to feed a dish. Would using a cupped reflector
reduce the side lobes if used in this configuration.

I have also seen a design that used just a single shorted turn as a
reflector, are these effective?

Thanks in advance
John

      G4DMF  QTHR   IO93HA