rings in coffee can feed

Hi all,

I may be getting a little too pickey, but I noticed that there
are several choices for "coffee" cans, which are slightly different
in where and how many indented rings there are.  One has a ring
right at the 2-inch mark.  Others cans have rings farther down and
not as deep.  The back (end) of the can is also slightly indented in
different ways.

Do any of these make a difference?  Should I cut the can a little
short and not end on the ring?  Do I need to find a can with a flat
bottom?  If not, how do I mount the N connector, which I assume needs
to be flat against the bottom, when the bottom has an indentation
area right at the radius of the helix?

Greg  KO6TH