Re: DX on LEO satellites

Hello Vince!

02 Jun 01 09:49, you wrote to All:

 VA> Wayne to work some of the countries you mention Bruce, we'd need a KW
 VA> ERP to get into the birds when they're on the horizon over central
 VA> America and that's not friendly to other operators.
 VA>
 VA> A LEO that's about twice as high as RS-15 might be acceptable to me.

LEOs present a different problem here.  At 800 km, the only workable DX is ZL,
P29 and a handful of Pacific islands.  We can't access the Asian countries to
our north such as the Phillipines, China and the like on the 800km LEOs as the
footprint is too small.

A higher satellite would lead to more interesting Asian destinations, as long
as the lowest uplink is 70cm (2m gets clobbered by pirates :( ).

Tony, VK3JED