TEAM AMSAT: Our SETI@HOME Effort

Back on April 17th, a mere 6 weeks ago I suggested that AMSAT folks
contribute their spare CPU cycles to SETI@HOME in the name of AMSAT.

In those 6 weeks, we have had 105 people join TEAM AMSAT and contribute more
than 107,000 work units. Each work units represents 12-36 hours of computer
time, and this effort results from nearly 184 years of computing time.
Thanks to all who have contributed.

To see a report on TEAM AMSAT's members, surf to

http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/cgi-bin/cgi?cmd=team_lookup&name=amsat

Now -- here is the exciting news. If you now surf to the Club Team's listing
at
       http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/stats/team/team_type_4.html
you will find that AMSAT is now in 95th position among all the Club teams of
the world! And if you go to
       http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/stats/team/team_type_0.html
you will find that in the brief period of 6 weeks, AMSAT is now in the top
200 of all groups around the world (I see it shows as #200 tonite, but I
think we are actually at about #196 when the next updat is done). [Since the
club group is the most competitive, if you want to see where we would rank
if we were in a different category, go to
      http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/team_list.html ]

If you want to join the effort, you first pick up the SETI@HOME software at
      http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/download.html
Then after it is running, go to the AMSAT page at

http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/cgi-bin/cgi?cmd=team_lookup&name=amsat
and click on the [JOIN] button.

Thanks to the 105 team members for joining in this fun way to advertise
AMSAT's presence.

73 de Tom, W3IWI