RE: AMSAT has a SECRET: why not 10m instead of V band

My point exactly!  You can build them for the few who
have the time-money-knowledge to get there, of you can
build them for everyone.  I thought I knew which way
AMSAT wanted to go, promoting satellite to everyone.
After some of the replies I received over the last few
days, even the more personal ones, I have discovered that
satellite opns  is just a reflection of regular amateur radio.
No worse, but no better either.  Guess my expectations
were too high.

If the BOD and users want 1.2, 2.4, and even 10.5 GHz
systems, you will get them.  And most likely you will
cease to recruit new members.  Probably lose a few
old operators too.  This is an old story.  Seen it on
HF in my early days.  Seen it with VHF repeaters, and
now on satellites.  Why is it that the mean age of a
ham is so old now?

Mike.