Re: AMSAT has a SECRET!

on 6/1/01 10:05 AM, Edward R. Cole at al7eb@ptialaska.net wrote:

> As far as elitest hams wanting a there own private satellite...{I should
> really give it to you for that smart-a## remark}.  A whole bunch of hams
> have put aside their private lives for the last ten years getting this bird
> built and launched so that you "arm-chair" operators could have something
> to use!  Most hams on the microwaves are the farthest thing from
> elitest...they wish there were more hams on for them to talk to!

HEAR! HEAR!

I agree totally, Ed.  While microwaves may be daunting for the general ham
crowd, those who operate there are by NO means elitist.  Truly, they wish
for more to be up there.  I hope that AO-40's X band equipment DOES indeed
turn out to work.  Why?  Cause then I got an excuse to fiddle up at 10 GHz!

73,

Jon
NA9D

Jon Ogden