Re: AMSAT has a SECRET!

Regarding the next satellite:  "HANDI-SAT"

Here is my take.  I want to build a 2m uplink, 10m downlink linear
satellite.  Yes, Its the old MODE-A,  BUT design it for HT'S!

Remember, now with the Yeasu 817 and now the Kenwood TH-F6A with all mode
receivers, by next year we will have an HT with ALL MODE transmitter too.
BINGO!  THen we have HAM Radio HAND-HELD two-way VOICE that can support 30
or more simultaneous QSO's.

We will have what Irridium and Teledesic, and Globalstar all promised but
never delivered.  Cheap HAND-HELD satellite communications from anywhere.
All we need to do to the Mode-A is beef up the downlink power so that an
HT with a rubber duck (Innefficient 10m receive antenna) can still get the
downlink.

That is the design goal.

"HANDI-SAT"... just what all the "easy-sat" folks want but without all the
problems of a single channel FM bird.

de WB4APR, Bob