Re: Helix Feed for a Dish

>I have a DSS dish that I hope to use a G3RUH design helix (about 4
>turns?), and a Hammond aluminum box as the cup reflector.

Has anyone figured out if the "cup reflector" cavity makes any difference at
all when used as a dish feed?  Obviously a standalone helix is does (more
gain) but as a dish feed, pattern is more important than gain.  But then
again, a choke ring on a Chapparrel type feed decreases sidelobes, so there
is a strong probability that there will be a difference.

Fred W0FMS