Call For Papers Reminder

The deadline for paper synopsis' for the 2001 AMSAT Annual Symposium is
rapidly coming up; it is June 30th.

There have been so many excellent topics discussed on this mail reflector
this last year, so we should have all kinds of material for you guys to use.
Possible topics include:

  - S-band downconverters (good ones, cheap ones, everything you want to
know)
  - Homebrew antennas (we've darn-near beat this one to death, but a summary
paper/presentation 	would be great.
  - Telemetry: What it all means, how it gets generated, some of the oddities
  - How to operate on an inverting SSB transponder. (I flunked this topic, so
somebody else needs 	to handle this one.)
  - Hardware reviews (TS-2000, IC-910, etc)
  - Status reports on upcoming amateur launches (MOST...is it still a go?)
  - LEILA: how a nice German fraulein became a professional alligator-eater

See where I'm going here? All KINDS of fun things to talk/write about.

It is time for the writers in the group to buckle down and get busy. All I
need by June 30th is a high-level description of your idea. Then, July 15th,
I need the final version. If you aren't comfortable writing solo, but have a
great idea, let me know. I will arrange mentoring.

Regards,
Steve Diggs, W4EPI
Chairman, Host Committee
AMSAT 2001 Annual Symposium