RE: AMSAT has a SECRET!

>I agree with the satellite bands picked.  There are still a LOT of people
>who have 2m and 432 only.  Many people cannot afford the extra $$$ to buy
>downconverters or transverters after purchasing an FT-847 or similar.  I
>urge the BOD NOT to drop any bands.

Given the success of stations now monitoring and using AO40 with a variety
of modified equipment, I'd
consider that a past fallacy! Ao40 has shown that the microwave links ARE
the future and AMSAT-NA should make that choice. Time to bury this
insistance from the US for V/U links on P3 type satellite.

Simon GM4PLM