RE: AO-40: transponder off!!

To be fair in my unfairness, I ought to mention that SatTrack (under Unix)
also requires the user to specify the time zone.

But if you give it the wrong time zone, it still manages to correctly
calculate the satellite position.  It also prints the correct time
(and zone name) for the time zone that you did specify.  If you say
nothing, it defaults to UTC.

Doug
NA1DB