Re: AMSAT has a SECRET!

>From: "Larry Kayser" <kayser@sympatico.ca>
>To: <amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org>
>Subject: [amsat-bb] AMSAT has a SECRET!
>Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 21:16:56 -0400

Hello Larry.

Your Life membership number is MUCH lower then mine...but I hope that you
are right.

In the end AO-40 WAS A MISTAKE.  The amateur community invested to much in
one basket and instead we should have bought a "Lot" of Oscar 10 type
platforms with varying transponder systems in them.

I realize that the "platform" might have been different but instead of one
big now sick bird we could have launched a LOT of AO-10 type platforms for
the money.

We should I think ditch anything but a linear transponder and just have the
bandwidth.

Nice post.  I concur in it totally...

Robert G. Oler WB5MZO