Re: Antenna cleaner?

Hello Vince,

I would use scotch brite pads for cleaning, the green
square/rectangular pads you get at the supermarket.

use a solvent to degrease any other stuff on the aluminum.

clean thoroughly all mating metal to metal parts. add a thin coat of
NOALOX, aluminum ladden grease available at HOME DEPOT electrical
section,
to all mating metal surfaces. remove any excess.

Avoid the nickel ladden grease or the copper ladden grease. They
are the wrong metals and would encourage galvanic corrosion and
possible noise, with the aluminum antenna parts

after assembly and testing use a rustoleum aerosol clear seal spray
for the final coating or 2 coats

The rustoleum reportedly holds up better than the krylon clear spray

Stan, WA1ECF