Re: Antenna cleaner?

Try Noalox
Anti Oxidant Joint Compound

Catalog #30-030

For AL/AL AL/CU wire connections and Aluminum Conduit Joints
UL listed terminal  conducting compound (83L4)

Ideal Industries, Inc.
Sycamore, IL 60178 USA

IDEAL, Ajax
Ontario, L1S 2E1

This is from my OLD bottle... I got it at a "real" commercial
electricians supply house in Florida about five years ago... Must be
many similar products. Seems to work fine on Steel/AL too. Rated to 150
deg C, so it won't melt out.  Put this stuff on all joints before assy
and no corrosion, no problem taking them apart later. It is conductive
so keep it off of the insulators of any kind. If you get it on fiberglas
or porous insulators you can count on throwing them away(learned the
hard way)!

BTW, do not be aggressive trying to clean the corrosion off of the
external aluminum parts and do not use steel wool or sandpaper on the
connecting surfaces. They leave small particles in the soft AL which
will make matters worse after a while. I have found that the POLYMER
pads for cleaning pots and pans work well... the green ones if I recall.

Hope this helps.
Vince Risalvato
KD7AI