From: "Douglas Braun & Nadia Papakonstantinou" <doug@dougbraun.com>
To: "Peter Guelzow" <peter.guelzow@arcormail.de>; <amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2001 16:53 PM
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] AO-40: transponder off!!

My version of SatTrack predicts squints as low as 22 degrees
for this attitude.  Did I mess up my fix for AO-40 vs. AO-13
attitude calculations?

My understanding was that an ALAT of something like -5 degrees is
optimum for me, since it means that the antennas were pointing
at the northern hemisphere at apogee.  Thus, an ALAT of -26 deg.
would give me a minimum squint of 22 degrees, but somebody in
Sough Africa, for example, would never see less than 30 degrees squint.

Doug
NA1DB