Re: Drake Crystal

FYI, concerning crystals from ICM, when I ordered two for a couple for
the  2880 a year or so ago I was told to order part number 433292 which was
a 8.8125 in a holder just over 0.340 inches tall. Numbers on the case are:

8.812500
433292
032700
ICM

This done as their job number 37785-1-1

Hope this does not add to the confusion!

Later
Larry

At 07:07 PM 5/29/2001 -0700, you wrote:
 >Folks,
 >
 >Well, I called ICM today (even talked to Bernice)
 >about my crystal order.  My invoice states:
 >
 >1  540288  Drake 2880 XTAL (FX=8.8125MHZ)
 >
 >I was told that this order would get me just what I
 >received, an HC-49/U holder with a height of 0.450in.
 >This height, of course, will not allow the crystal to
 >fit into the Drake case.
 >
 >When I said that others had ordered the same way and
 >had obtained the shorter case I was informed that I
 >was certainly mistaken.  Without question, I could
 >not even order such a crystal without giving the exact
 >catalog number.
 >
 >I was given absolutely no assistance and only reluctantly
 >was I allowed to order the same crystal in the HC-45/U holder.
 >
 >Since I could not remember the holder size "HC-45/U" but
 >asked for "the next size smaller case" I was told that I
 >could not order without giving the exact case specifications
 >and would I like a catalog so that I could select the correct
 >one.

- Imagine it / Achieve it - Dream it / Become it -
   Larry P. Thomas    wa0gwa  voice : 1 913 888-0282
   Krell Technologies           fax :
   8960 Bond                  pager : 1 913 617-HELP
   Overland Park, KS              www.krell.com
   66214-1722    USA            lpthomas@krell.com