Re: Popularity of 2m I.F.

For about $80 more, you could run one of the 2m IF downconverters into a DEM
2m converter to 28 MHz.. This unit is intended on allowing the
2m IF transverters work with an HF rig (and is not intended as a standalone
2m transverter). I use this with my transverters in my rover. (That way I'm
only risking death of a HTX-100 RadioShack rig!)

The comments of 10% of the downconverted frequency are generally correct.  A
higher IF like 222 or 435 would technically be better, however most of these
converters work fairly well at 2m IF.

Fred W0FMS