From: owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org [mailto:owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org]On
Behalf Of Vince Fiscus, KB7ADL
Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2001 12:15 AM
To: amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] new AMSAT term?

 From reading the list, it seems like it's a pretty easy thing to meet
her.  I haven't done anything to try mode S yet but it appears that what I
was planning to try will be inadequate. I has hoping everyone was getting
good results with a single 16 turn helix and converter.

I saw an old photo of someone's mode S AO-13 antennas once and he had four
stacked 16 turn helix mounted on the same reflector plate.  This setup
should give 6 dB more gain than a single helix. I'd like to find a plan for
a design like that.

KB7ADL