RE: Mode-S 2.4 ghz antennas - Will a corner reflector work?

Bob

> I've found where there are some AIDC downconverters mounted to a 12 dbi
> corner reflector that have become available

I have no doubt that you'll be able to hear and decode at least some of the
MB beacon given this configuration, but for a QSO, in particular SSB it will
be a marginal system.

When operating portable I have run a linear yagi of similar gain in
conjunction with a DB6NT receive converter at the antenna and have found
that I can hear pretty well most of the time. Occasionally with a linearly
polarized antenna I find that I can improve the signal significantly by
altering the polarization - much like you do with the Arrow. In a fixed
environment this is not normally possible.

73 Howard G6LVB