Drake Crystal

Folks,

Well, I called ICM today (even talked to Bernice)
about my crystal order.  My invoice states:

1  540288  Drake 2880 XTAL (FX=8.8125MHZ)

I was told that this order would get me just what I
received, an HC-49/U holder with a height of 0.450in.
This height, of course, will not allow the crystal to
fit into the Drake case.

When I said that others had ordered the same way and
had obtained the shorter case I was informed that I
was certainly mistaken.  Without question, I could
not even order such a crystal without giving the exact
catalog number.

I was given absolutely no assistance and only reluctantly
was I allowed to order the same crystal in the HC-45/U holder.

Since I could not remember the holder size "HC-45/U" but
asked for "the next size smaller case" I was told that I
could not order without giving the exact case specifications
and would I like a catalog so that I could select the correct
one.

I am disappointed with this kind of poor service and may
begin using another crystal company.

Bill, WA6QGR